Parker Clay is looking for a Store Manager to work in our new San Luis Obispo Public Market location who embodies creating an exceptional customer experience and is a strong, inspiring, and engaging team leader. Must be able to thrive in a start-up business mentality with results and operationally driven KPIs managed successfully in order to grow and build a thriving retail organization.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, enjoys working in a dynamic team, wants to over deliver and go above and beyond for every customer, and shows a resourceful and proactive approach in all they do.
Bonus eligible, generous employee discount and Kombucha on tap!
Parker Clay is dedicated to transforming communities through social and economic empowerment. As a sustainable fashion brand that produces high quality leather goods and accessories for women and men in Ethiopia. We are primarily a direct to consumer E-Commerce brand that is quickly growing and pursuing growth to become a household name brand that is known for celebrating the value of people as much as the beautiful products we make.
- Embody the mission and vision of Parker Clay with an understanding of how and why we do what we do
- Liaise with HQ partners (Marketing, Sales, Operations, Inventory Management, EX, and Merchandising)
- Drive store productivity and profitability
- Monitor, track, drive, and communicate effectively the daily, weekly, and monthly sales targets, store goals, and KPIs
- Develop strategies and action plans to target improvements and profitability
- Plan and manage payroll spend, create strategic schedules to support business plans
- Develop and implement visual merchandising directives and test, with the ability to evaluate results.
- Recruit, onboard, and develop all the store employees by providing regular feedback, coaching, and counseling
- Identify and collaborate on new training initiatives
- Continually evaluate and elevate the level of sales and service is practiced at the highest level with all team members.
- Ensure economical and operationally efficient management of the store, to ensure a profitable P&L performance.
- Develop and deliver a localized store marketing plan, partner with HQ marketing department and in-store team member to create and execute marketing initiatives and events.
- Build business in the stores with strong focus on customers
- Responsible for oversight of opening and closing the store and follow all processes and procedures
- Successfully educate customers on product quality, design, style, and special materials
- Be a brand ambassador by quickly developing a deep understanding of all Parker Clay products, collection, and story
- Direct showroom inventory organization and restocking, with a close on on keeping products polished and ready to purchase
- Direct events while working with operations, customer experience and marketing teams
- Ensures that the POS system is operating a full capacity and can help customers with purchases, returns, and exchanges
- 3-5+ years customer service focused experience, and specialty retail
- 2+ years in a store manager or general manager role
- Committed to directing an excellent customer experience
- Strong personal identification with brand and mission
- Contemporary brand experience, clienteling and luxury experience a plus
- Capable of turning a difficult customer into a raving fan of the brand.
- Professional, positive and energetic attitude
- Strong leadership, organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic, kind, patient, and adaptable
- Must be familiar with Google Sheets/Excel, technology savvy
- Self-directed and hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Smart and organized
- Confident in decision making
- Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to multitask
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
- Flexible working schedules- weekends, events, evenings, etc
- Ability to carry boxes 20-30 lbs for moving stock
- High School diploma or equivalent