San Luis Obispo Beertender
The Bottlecraft Beertender will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of our SLO bar, including serving beer, wine, and ciders, selling merchandise, keeping the bar clean and in order, and interacting with customers. Candidates for the job must be hard-working, knowledgeable, friendly, and enthusiastic, with the ability to answer a wide range of questions on beer, wine, cider, and the many breweries we serve.
DO THESE TRAITS DESCRIBE YOU?
- Lover of craft beer
- Hard worker: Are you constantly moving and happy to tackle daily tasks?
- Friendly and outgoing: Do you enjoy serving and talking with guests?
- High-volume experience: Do you have at least two years of experience bartending at a high-volume bar? Can you quickly get through a line of 20 customers by yourself with a smile?
- Proactive, self-starter: If you see something dirty, do you jump right in and clean it up?
- Solid time management: Do you show up on time, every time?
- Works extremely well with others: You a team player?
- Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace: Can you serve a consistent line while at the same time cleaning glassware?
- Hospitable: Do you enjoy serving?
- Very strong interpersonal skills: Do you love meeting and interacting with people?
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application.
If this sounds like you, read on!
- Smile and greet guests
- Anticipate and respond to guest needs and questions
- Help guests choose from our vast and ever-changing lineup of beer, cider, and wine
- Move and re-stock kegs
- Perform daily cleaning duties
- Execute transactions through our POS system
- Perform opening/running/closing duties according to Bottlecraft policy and procedure
- Adhere to Bottlecraft's policies and procedures
- Maintain all Bottlecraft Safety and Sanitation standards
- Enforce all applicable alcohol laws and rules
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed
- Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods
- Able to read and follow written English instructions
- Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 55 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Able to safely navigate in tight and crowded spaces
- Able to maneuver packages of any weight above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance
- Able to move 165-pounds, using appropriate techniques and tools
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor environments with moderate noise and occasionally slippery floors
- Able to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
The physical demands/conditions described above are representative of those that must be met/tolerated by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
If this sounds like you, please send us an email with your resume, availability, and references to info@BottlecraftBeer.com. In the body of the email tell us a little about yourself and answer the following questions:
1) What's your favorite beer right now and why?
2) In your opinion, what distinguishes Bottlecraft from other bars?
3) Why should we hire you?
4) How would you, in your own words, define "customer service"?